- Abstracted/Indexed in
Review Process of Manuscript: Initial Review
- Read the abstract to be sure that you have the expertise to review the article. Donâ€™t be afraid to say no to reviewing an article if there is the good reason.
- Read information provided by the journal for reviewers so you will know: a) The type of manuscript (e.g., a review article, technical note, original research) and the journalâ€™s expectations/parameters for that type of manuscript; b) Other journal requirements that the manuscript must meet (e.g., length, citation style).
- Know the journalâ€™s scope and mission to make sure that the topic of the paper fits in the scope.
- Ready? Read through entire manuscript initially to see if the paper is worth publishing- only make a few notes about major problems if such exist: a) Is the question of interest sound and significant?; b) Was the design and/or method used adequately or fatally flawed? (for original research papers); c) Were the results substantial enough to consider publishable (or were only two or so variables presented or resulted so flawed as to render the paper unpublishable)?
- What is your initial impression? If the paper is: a) Acceptable with only minor comments/questions: solid, interesting, and new; sound methodology used; results were well presented; discussion well formulated with Interpretations based on sound scientific reasoning, etc., with only minor comments/questions, move directly to writing up review; b) Fatally flawed so you will have to reject it: move directly to writing up review; c) A mixture somewhere in the range of â€œrevise and resubmitâ€ to â€œaccepted with major changesâ€ or youâ€™re unsure if it should be rejected yet or not: It may be a worthy paper, but there are major concerns that would need to be addressed.
Full Review Process of Manuscript
- Writing: Is the manuscript easy to follow, that is, has a logical progression and evident organization?
- Is the manuscript concise and understandable? Any parts that should be reduced,
- Note if there are major problems with mechanics: grammar, punctuation, spelling. (If there are just a few places that arenâ€™t worded well or correctly, make a note to tell the author the specific places. If there are consistent problems throughout, only select an example or two if need be- donâ€™t try and edit the whole thing).
- Abbreviations: Used judiciously and are composed such that reader wonâ€™t have trouble remembering what an abbreviation represents.
- Follows style, format and other rules of the journal.
- Citations are provided when providing evidence-based information from outside sources.
STEPS FOR SUBMITTING REVIEW REPORT:
Dear Reviewer, please follow the following steps while submitting your review reports;
1-Accept to review
2-Download the manuscript (supplementary files if any),
3-Submit your review report:
3-1-Comment inside the paper (MS Word review tool),
3-2-You are required to fill out your comments and suggestions in the online review form (mandatory).
-Evaluate each part of the article,
-Provide for recommendations: minor/major/rejected
3-3 You could write your comments on the web (section reviewer's comment) (optional)
4-Upload the review report: The commented manuscript (mandatory)
5-Choose your decision and click the submit button.
JBIMA (Jurnal Bisnis dan Manajemen)
ISSN 2338-9729 (print)
ISSN 2598-8948 (online)
Management Department, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Peradaban
Phone: +62 289 432032