- Abstracted/Indexed in
Review Process of Manuscript: Initial Review
- Read the abstract to be sure that you have the expertise to review the article. Don’t be afraid to say no to reviewing an article if there is the good reason.
- Read information provided by the journal for reviewers so you will know: a) The type of manuscript (e.g., a review article, technical note, original research) and the journal’s expectations/parameters for that type of manuscript; b) Other journal requirements that the manuscript must meet (e.g., length, citation style).
- Know the journal’s scope and mission to make sure that the topic of the paper fits in the scope.
- Ready? Read through entire manuscript initially to see if the paper is worth publishing- only make a few notes about major problems if such exist: a) Is the question of interest sound and significant?; b) Was the design and/or method used adequately or fatally flawed? (for original research papers); c) Were the results substantial enough to consider publishable (or were only two or so variables presented or resulted so flawed as to render the paper unpublishable)?
- What is your initial impression? If the paper is: a) Acceptable with only minor comments/questions: solid, interesting, and new; sound methodology used; results were well presented; discussion well formulated with Interpretations based on sound scientific reasoning, etc., with only minor comments/questions, move directly to writing up review; b) Fatally flawed so you will have to reject it: move directly to writing up review; c) A mixture somewhere in the range of “revise and resubmit” to “accepted with major changes” or you’re unsure if it should be rejected yet or not: It may be a worthy paper, but there are major concerns that would need to be addressed.
Full Review Process of Manuscript
- Writing: Is the manuscript easy to follow, that is, has a logical progression and evident organization?
- Is the manuscript concise and understandable? Any parts that should be reduced,
- Note if there are major problems with mechanics: grammar, punctuation, spelling. (If there are just a few places that aren’t worded well or correctly, make a note to tell the author the specific places. If there are consistent problems throughout, only select an example or two if need be- don’t try and edit the whole thing).
- Abbreviations: Used judiciously and are composed such that reader won’t have trouble remembering what an abbreviation represents.
- Follows style, format and other rules of the journal.
- Citations are provided when providing evidence-based information from outside sources.
STEPS FOR SUBMITTING REVIEW REPORT:
Dear Reviewer, please follow the following steps while submitting your review reports;
1-Accept to review
2-Download the manuscript (supplementary files if any),
3-Submit your review report:
3-1-Comment inside the paper (MS Word review tool),
3-2-You are required to fill out your comments and suggestions in the online review form (mandatory).
-Evaluate each part of the article,
-Provide for recommendations: minor/major/rejected
3-3 You could write your comments on the web (section reviewer's comment) (optional)
4-Upload the review report: The commented manuscript (mandatory)
5-Choose your decision and click the submit button.
JBIMA (Jurnal Bisnis dan Manajemen)
ISSN 2338-9729 (print)
ISSN 2598-8948 (online)
Management Department, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Peradaban
Phone: +62 289 432032